2015 August start - 1st & 2nd Grade English Teacher

Looking for Work in Qingdao? Find Teaching Jobs in Qingdao China - including ESL & International Schools. Post Qingdao job positions and resumes all in one place.

2015 August start - 1st & 2nd Grade English Teacher

Postby taylord-services » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:53 am

Start date: August 2015
Salary: 14,000 - 17,000 RMB per month before tax; option to be paid in US dollars; option for free housing walking distance from the school, very nice living zone.
Benefits: National holidays off and paid; insurance, flight allowance, Work permit, visa, and resident permit sponsorship, as well as other necessary support/assistance.

Position: 1st grade and 2nd grade English teachers needed in Qingdao; using provided Cambridge textbooks designed for ESL learners. Develop own lesson plans from the books, deliver fun, interactive, and engaging classes to young learners of English. Cooperate with staff for school promotional activities and school functions.

Environment: teacher's have their own work stations and break areas; library for students; activity hall; outside playground with ocean fenced off, but few feet away, etc. Off campus, 10 minute walk away to coffee shops, bakery, banks, and a variety of restaurants and convenience stores in Qingdao.

Work schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; some Saturdays for school functions or makeup work days due to national holidays.

Students: Chinese children from primary to middle school who will have higher education abroad in western countries, primarily UK, US, and Canada.

Administration/staff: Standing principal and management are warm, friendly, and very knowledgeable and truly caring about the English learning of their students. They are open to ideas, and provide all materials and support to teachers. Other support staff are also Chinese, but speak little English. Western teachers are primarily males, with extensive experience in English teaching, and all with cooperative attitudes and welcome new teachers.

Expectations: Teachers are expected to have nice, clean appearance wearing business casual or professional attire. They should arrive to school prior to class start times, and communicate with staff as needed. Cooperation with other teachers, staff, and students are encouraged through activities and routines. Team players are essential.

Qualifications: Bachelors degree or above; 2 years work experience (of any kind); preferably teaching in China and already in China; Teaching certificate or TESOL, TEFL, or equivalent is necessary for Z visa sponsorship. Foreign Expert Certificate must have minimum of 1 year before expiration; and passport must have 2 years or more before expiration. Teachers must be first language native English speakers from western countries, preference to USA, UK, Canada, and Australia. Age: 25-55 years old

Must be able to provide proof of non-criminal history, and be in good health.
taylord-services

Re: 2015 August start - 1st & 2nd Grade English Teacher

Postby Peacock » Sat May 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Hello, My name is Coco. I currently have spent the last year teaching at a private American school, with students ages 5-14. I am the librarian and ESL teacher for the school. Currently, I am teaching 5th grade for a teacher that has taken leave from work. I spent a year in China teaching Business English to all ages. I have a 4 year Bachelor's Degree, a certificate in Entrepreneurship, and a TEFL certificate. I can also speak basic level Chinese. I have a passion for teaching and enjoy all ages. I am looking for an ESL job in Qingdao starting in August. Please message me if the school is interested in talking to me further.
Peacock

Return to Teaching Jobs, Careers, & Work in Qingdao